How can you get your website or blog listed in the top rankings of popular search engines like Google or Bing?
You can pay someone to do it for you, or do it yourself!
Here are some tips for increasing your search listings.
- Keyword Research – What are your potential customers searching for to find businesses like yours? Go to http://www.adwords.google.com and type in the website for one of your competitors to get a detailed listing of search terms that people are using to land on their site.
- Use Keywords in your file names. When building your website, name each file and page specific keyword names. For example, instead of naming your “Links” page links.html, name it links-computer-repair-in-salt-lake-city.html. Don’t use spaces in the names.
- Make sure your content matches the optimal keyword searches for your business. Content is king. Write new content often and make sure the top keyword search text is included. Search engines are constantly scanning websites, so new content is important.
- Get linked. Having other websites link to your website is very useful for improving SEO. Submit your website to the popular site DMOZ (www.dmoz.org). It may take some time. Just make sure you list your website in the correct category.
- Social Media is on the upswing. Facebook and Twitter posts are starting to show up in search engine results. Make sure you use optimal keywords in your social media.
Most of these tips are fairly easy to perform, but can be time consuming. It may be a better choice to use an SEO company if time is an issue.